The mission of the University of Florida’s Center for Stress Resilient Agriculture is to provide transformational and sustainable research-based solutions and related graduate level experiences for the development of agroecosystems that mitigate crop stress. These solutions will improve the ability of crop and cropping systems to acclimate to changes in the production environment and impact throughout the food system.
WHO WE ARE
The UF/IFAS CSRA consists of faculty from diverse departments involving research, education, and extension programs focused on biotic and abiotic stress occurring in agricultural systems and the resulting impacts to production, environment, and society. We represent an integrated group of faculty, institutional partners, and global affiliates from a range of disciplines focused on a common purpose.
BENEFITS TO FACULTY
- CSRA Research Infrastructure located throughout the state, with key international locations.
- Research clearinghouse that allows industry, NGOs, state agencies, and others to interface with UF administration in identifying and involving specific faculty teams to address complex problems through research agreements.
- Support in development of shared courses with international institutions including facilitating international faculty connections, arrangements, and recruitment.
- Submission assistance for transdisciplinary proposals
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
- UF STAIR—a unique multi-faceted program including Project Team courses allowing for hands-on problem solving with industry mentors; International Immersion courses allowing students to capitalize on the CSRA network of global partner institutions for research experiences; and the A2i symposium—a unique professional development opportunity provided by industry employers.
- Travel scholarships available for international conferences, courses or research.
- CSRA Grad Student Fellows program aimed at allowing students to network closely with all CSRA faculty and partners.